Bathrooms are an important and special part of any house. It is essential in personal maintenance in terms of hygiene and it is one of the spots in the house which is regularly visited by both household members and guests. Bathrooms can either be large or small, depending on how the house has been designed and constructed. For apartments, the bathroom is likely small due to the limited space available in the area. The same can also be the case for any kind of abode. So, what if you have a small bathroom? What can you do to make still appealing despite its size? Any bathroom need not be plain and having it in a much smaller size would be a great way for you to easily do some redesigning or remodeling. Who knows, you might be surprised at the number of possibilities for you to change the look of your tiny bathroom. When it comes to designing or remodeling a small bathroom, there are several considerations that you should put in mind. For instance, how much space will be consumed by a certain element of the bathroom? Is there a way for it to use minimal space while still maximizing its use? Also, when you design your small bathroom, make sure that there will be enough space left so that the area wouldn’t be too crowded. These things and others must be considered when you come up with a design for your small bathroom. What are other small bathroom ideas to help you when giving this cozy part of the home a revamp? Read on for some styling suggestions which are worthy to be considered.
It is great to know that there are lots of available items in the market for your small bathroom needs. Models have become more modern and flexible. Hence, we aren’t limited to traditional notions of how some elements of a bathroom should be like. It?s great if you have a theme or design idea in mind for your bathroom since what you have to do after collecting your thoughts about the design is to brainstorm with designers and other professionals to make the concept a reality. If such is not the case for you, then there?s no reason to worry at all. We are presenting to you a number of design inspirations to help you deal with your upcoming bathroom project.
Smaller bathrooms might not be too ideal for people who have claustrophobic senses. Hence, making the illusion that it is bigger can be helpful in certain situations. The extra space also comes as a sort of relief and gives people a feeling of being at ease when inside your bathroom. Here are some ideas for a bigger-looking bathroom:
- Keep materials such as cosmetics and toiletries properly. In this manner, they wouldn’t have to consume much space on visible surfaces which can make your bathroom look like it?s running out of space. One way to achieve this is to have a drawer or cabinet on the area found beneath the sink.
- Instead of using a vanity, opt for a pedestal sink which gives the illusion of more space.
- See to it that enough natural light can enter your bathroom to make it look bigger.
- Select bigger mirrors to make the bathroom seem like it?s a lot bigger than it actually is. Be sure to place it an ideal location such as opposite a window so that it could give way to more light.
- Use recessed shelves for storing items. Instead of adding a lot of storage materials, why not put that unused space on the wall into good use?
- If you are planning to get a bath tub for your small bathroom, get a classic claw-foot tub which will make it seem like there?s more available square feet space for the floor area.
- Using lighter colors in your bathroom is also a great way of making the area appear more spacious.
While the above-mentioned suggestions are only a few notes that we can give you, they will help you make your small bathroom appear like it has more space. Thus, making the place much lighter and appealing to the senses. For some visual small bathroom ideas, do check out this article from Freshome.com which presents design ideas for small bathrooms with a roll of pictures.